Monday, February 23, 2009

A storm is brewing...

Tonight, I came home from work and Tab was going off to work, during our exchange, I noticed Matthew and Emily both furiously looking for paper, markers and tape... focused on other things, I didn't give much interest to this beyond reminding them not to leave the markers where Ainsley can get them.

Later as things were calming down and the kids were watching TV, I went down the hall to use the rest room and saw their "projects" adorning the doors to their respective rooms:


Upon closer inspection I saw this on Emily's door:

So Emily has clearly got her "shot across the bow" in and singled out Matthew. To his credit Matthew more or less went "all-in" (or maybe "all-out") on the girls:


For those of you who cannot read Kindergarten "phonetic" spelling, the sign states: "No girls, only boys, girls stink". Now he has done this knowing that Ainsley sleeps in his room, but I think the real message was for Emily and possible Mom who constantly goes in to tell Matthew to pick up his Legos.

The message here is Dad is the only one, by decree, allowed in all rooms of the house (although in another sign he states "No DAD")... we'll see how long this lasts.
Dad might have to just start working longer hours... at least until we run out of tape.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! It's inevitable though, huh. We've had similar things happen here too but at least I've never been told to keep out. Oooh, I wonder how long until THAT happens to me too.

    ReplyDelete