Saturday, May 30, 2009

Kindergarten Graduation

Matthew has been reminding about this day for weeks, including what time I may have to get there if I wanted to sit on the front row. I didn't listen and I sat 4 rows back, even though I showed up 25 minutes early. I actually shed a few tears as he walked in, and again when I realized I had saved one too many seats...thinking of my hubby who would have loved to see this. The tears were short lived, how could a mother not smile at this little boy...he was so happy!!

I couldn't help but think that their little "goodbye songs" had a deeper meaning for me this year. My kiddos said goodbye to some friends they have known their entire life. This was a difficult, but still exciting day for all of us.

Matthew showing off his big brother skills at the graduation party. Ainsley, honestly, was only there for the cake.


Matthew with his teacher Mrs. Ryan. I think she cried harder than any of the parents there. What an amazing teacher for my son...I couldn't have asked for anyone better.



No comments:

Post a Comment